The patented ATI Super Damper for the 2003-2006 Nissan 350z / Infiniti G35 is the only damper designed exclusively for high performance engines. Designed to have an OEM fitment on all models equipped with the VQ35DE platform. Will not fit cars equipped with a VQ35HR.
This is recommended for any high HP motor. Each time the air/fuel mixture inside a cylinder is ignited, the combustion that occurs creates a torque spike that is applied to the crankshaft through the piston and connecting rod. This torque spike is so severe that it not only turns the crankshaft, it actually twists the crankshaft ahead of its normal rotation and then the crankshaft rebounds. This twisting action is known as torsional vibration. When these torque spikes and forces get into phase with the natural frequency, critical torsional harmonic vibrations occur and can be seriously destructive to the bearings and the crankshaft. Dampers are designed to control those destructive vibrations.
- Eliminates torsional crankshaft vibrations
- Exceeds SFI 18.1 specs
- Black zinc chromate finished
- Tunable, rebuildable, and extremely efficient at ALL RPM
- Laser engraved 360° timing marks
- Race version is NOT designed to work with original belts or accessories. Custom applications ONLY.
- 6.780'' Outside Diameter
- Aluminum outer shell and pulleys
- Integral hub and inner shell (not removable)
- Provisions for factory ac