- Piston: Forged piston with Nickel plating for anti-knocking properties and top piston ring stability. Piston Skirt is molybdenum coated for friction reduction, clearance optimized and smoother bedding in new.
- Connecting Rod: Used the forged material from high specification with H-beam design for maximum strength and durability. WPC shot peening also contributes for strengthening as well as preventing metal fatigue.
* Stock rods can also be used.
- Crankshaft: Used the forged material from high specification and fully counterweighted for maximum balance at high rpm. Pin journals and center has been hollowed to lighten the rotating mass to improve the throttle response.
- Best if used with GTIII-RS, GTIII-4R etc. (Target rpm is 9000rpm).
- "STEP ZERO" is recommended for stock or GTIII-SS turbine as more power cannot be output at more than 8,000rpm, and STEP ZERO has the best response.
- Since the power output range of GTIII-RS is shifted to higher rpm than GTIII-SS, in order to have wider power output range, "STEP1" that has maximum rpm of 8500rpm is recommended. If budget allows, "STEP2" is recommended for better response.
- For a turbine which power band shifts to a high speed range like GTIII-4R, to secure a wide power band range, "STEP2" is recommended since the engine can run up to 9000rpm with STEP 2.
|Target RPM||Target Turbine|
HKS RB26 2.8L Stroker Kit Step 2