2001-2005 D17 Civic DX, LX, HX & EX Manual transmission only (US vehicles only)
The K-Pro for the D17 consists of a hardware modification to a donor K-Series ECU, a specially modified cam timing wheel, plus Windows software which allows you to re-program the ECU and datalog sensors.
To order, fill out this form and contact a Hondata dealer. Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time the ECU is received by Hondata.
Within the USA this product is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a public highway.
- The stock D17 ECU cannot be converted to a programmable ECU. A new RSX-S ECU or donor ECU must be used.
- The Hondata adjustable cam pulley has specially modified timing teeth. The stock timing wheel will not work.
- The Civic HX and all 2004-2005 Civics use a wideband 02 sensor compatible with the K-Pro.
- Base maps are included for a stock D17 non VTEC Civic and a D17 non VTEC turbo.
- The K-Pro ECU will not work on automatic D17 Civics.
- Any K-Pro used on a 2002-2004 RSX-S will work provided the Hondata cam gear is used.
ECUs for the D17 may be sourced from the following vehicles
- 2002-2004 RSX Base 5 speed (PND -A0 ECU)
- 2002-2004 RSX Type S 6 speed (PRB-A0 - ECU)
- 2002-2004 CRV 5 speed (PPA-A0 ECU)
- 2002-2005 Japanese DC5 Integra Type R (PRC ECU)
- 2003-2005 Japanese Civic Type R (PRD ECU)
- 2002-2005 Civic Si (PNF ECU)
- All 2004-2005 Civics and the 2001-2003 Civic HX use a compatible wideband 02 sensor. Two wires need to be moved for rear O2 operation.
- The 2001-2003 Civic DX, LX & EX Civics use a narrowband 02 sensor. Two wires need to be moved for closed loop operation.
- If you plan a K engine swap, install the appropriate engine harness and switch on VTC in the KManager software.
- Tables may be map-traced in real time.
- The K-Pro ECU is not real-time updateable, however most changes to tables and settings can be uploaded in 1-2 seconds via USB.
- Most OBDII features may be disabled for race vehicles.
- The D17 knock sensor is incompatible with the K-Pro and must be disabled in the KManager software.
- Error codes and the OBDII readiness status may be datalogged.
- The K-Pro ECU can be matched to the Civic immobilizer system. See here for details.
- For training materials see here.
- The adjustable cam pulley is shaped differently than stock. You will need to remove the power steering pump and alternator and loosen the engine mount.
- Removing the stock ECU is fairly involved. There are three choices for the K-Pro installation:
- The K-Pro can be installed in the location of the stock ECU.
- The K-Pro circuitry can be installed into the Civic's stock ECU case. You will need to cut a USB hole.
- The K-Pro ECU can be installed in the glove compartment. You may need to cut the rear plastic.
Restriction EPA/CARB status (USA) Competition vehicles only ECU Part Number PRB (A01-A12 & 305)